Monday 9 September 2013

Introduction




My name is Luke, but my friends call me Lucas instead.

I am studying games design because I enjoy playing games and I also have an interest in the development side of them and enjoy helping my older brother, Kiel 21, attempt to design some games. He is currently studying at Hull University, he is doing a masters in a course about designing and developing computer games. Because of this I started to wonder what its like, so I came on this course in order to learn what its like.

By enrolling on this course I hope to gain a better understanding of how the design element in creating computer games takes place. And also to aid my drawing skills as I'm not the best drawer but I like to doodle so am looking forward to the drawing aspect and hope to gain something from this. I also hope this course will be able to provide me with knowledge on the software used to create computer games. With everything I will learn I hope I will be able to take it onto university and do a course perhaps similar to my brother in which I will need to use the skills I will have learned on this course.

Recently I played Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, I enjoy playing this game because it has a free running element to it this can aid you as it allows you to get out of danger or avoid traps or even jump from enemy to enemy. The combat isn't turn based so that you can fight in your own way, one on one or even charging straight into the middle of a group of enemies and trying to take them all on at once using your sword or your power abilities, provided you have unlocked them in the upgrade menu beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment